Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
Just bought my wifey a new white Macbook! She took 20 credit hours the last 2 quarters and got a 4.0 in both quarters - so I got her a little surprise! :)

She is really excited!

This makes us officially a Mac house. The Windows machines will be gone soon! YAY! :D

DarkMCS

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2008
Nice!!

Congrats her for her great GPA so far! A Macbook should make her happy! :cool:

rhyndu

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2007
A Planet Orbiting Sol!
Mazel Tov!
(to you - for purchasing the MB -, to your wife - for receiving the MB and getting the great GPA -, and to Apple - for selling yet another MB and making even more money)

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Just bought my wifey a new white Macbook! She took 20 credit hours the last 2 quarters and got a 4.0 in both quarters - so I got her a little surprise! :)

She is really excited!

This makes us officially a Mac house. The Windows machines will be gone soon! YAY! :D

So why not a MBP like you have??? Don't you think she deserves one?

balk

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008

She is really excited!

Congratulations!
but.... what are credit hours and what means '4.0 in both quarters'? Just curious :)

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
Congratulations!
but.... what are credit hours and what means '4.0 in both quarters'? Just curious :)

Credit hours are how college courses are measured. Typically one class is 4 credit hours and most typical students take 4 classes per quarter/semester. My wife has been taking 20 credit hours for 2 straight quarters.

Grades are measured on a point scale, a 4.0 is straight A's. :)

balk

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008
Credit hours are how college courses are measured. Typically one class is 4 credit hours and most typical students take 4 classes per quarter/semester. My wife has been taking 20 credit hours for 2 straight quarters.

Grades are measured on a point scale, a 4.0 is straight A's. :)

sounds good :)
congrats again!
my wife keeps complaining about Macs 'with that stupid Word on it' (Oo_Org). So we probably stick to at least a bootcamp-windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.