Another non-Iphone 4 antenna signal loss video (plus commentary)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phokus, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Phokus macrumors regular

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/07/18/evo-deathgrip-apple-missing-point/

Steve Jobs either completely missed the point about the antenna issue (it's about the placement of the antenna's weak spot, not the fact that they have them), or he spun the issue and was disingenuous/dishonest (i'm leaning towards this point). Not only that, it's the amount of effort you have to employ in order to attenuate signal. What other phone can you make the signal drop by just using the point of your finger?

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVuiwmgsJoY&feature=player_embedded

The HTC EVO: Prints money, turns into a jet, grants 3 wishes and you can hold it in each hand normally without dropping calls :p ;)

2. haulis macrumors regular

I was under the impression that it was the FCC that dictated where the antenna placement should be (towards the bottom of the phone). So I wonder how some of these phones are having antennas toward the top ( EVO, Erris etc. )

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The FCC doesn't dictate antenna position at all. All they dictate is the characteristics for emissions standards, frequency, etc.

Anyway, one look at the URL, and there's no surprise at all how the article is gonna weigh in.

4. Phokus thread starter macrumors regular

But is there anything untruthful about it? The big thing about it is the antenna placement which the iphone 4's is terrible.

edit: and also, why do we have to take steve jobs' word on it? His commentary about the competition was one of the worst spin jobs i've ever seen.

5. sciwizam macrumors regular

HTC answers back: 0.016%

Here's some HTC's cold hard facts to counter the cold hard facts from Apple.

Feel free to replace "facts" to "spin".;)

6. Phokus thread starter macrumors regular

I wasn't talking about the .55% (although that was ridiculous spin as well), i was talking about the 'other phones have the same antenna issue' spin.