Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phungy

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
So I've been reading the other "Wait or buy now" threads...I know, I know, If I need it now - buy it, if not - wait...

I'll be using the MB mainly for surfing the web, taking notes, listening to music, multitasking but nothing big like GarageBand, iPhotos, Photoshop, etc.

I'm going to place an order tomorrow (waiting to see if someone had a promo code but no luck, Thanks techound1 for the offer though) unless someone can convince me to wait.

Reason I want to purchase now is cause I need a laptop before I start class on the 8th of January. I need to sign up for classes online, get use to OSX, etc.

So based on the 2nd mini-paragraph, I shouldn't be too concerned about the new iLife right? :confused: :confused:

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
So I've been reading the other "Wait or buy now" threads...I know, I know, If I need it now - buy it, if not - wait...

I'll be using the MB maining for surfing the web, taking notes, listening to music, multitasking but nothing big like GarageBand, iPhotos, Photoshop, etc.

I'm going to place an order tomorrow (waiting to see if someone had a promo code but no luck, Thanks techound1 for the offer though) unless someone can convince me to wait.

Reason I want to purchase now is cause I need a laptop before I start class on the 8th of January. I need to sign up for classes online, get use to OSX, etc.

So based on the 2nd mini-paragraph, I shouldn't be too concerned about the new iLife right? :confused: :confused:

Yeah just buy it. iLife updates aren't worth much from year to year, there's little chance of MacBook changes at MWSF and Leopard is likely a few months away.

There's not much that will be different between a MacBook pre-MWSF or post-MWSF.

BenHoleton

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2006
Can we just officially post this as an answer to all of these questions:

If you need one now, buy it now. If you can wait, then wait.

Computer manufacturers (not just Apple) are CONSTANTLY upgrading products. It's the industry. You always should buy when you are ready and stop "waiting for the next big thing."

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
I'll agree with BenHoleton. It does seem like you need it now to get used to it, and MWSF starts after your classes do. (And you have shipping time...) If you really want to update to the new iLife, I'd just wait until Leopard, as I'm pretty sure it comes with Leopard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.