Another of those "should I upgrade"? posts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ranabow, Jun 7, 2011.

  1. ranabow macrumors newbie

    Jun 7, 2011
    Are you tired of these yet? I hope not.

    I have a 3G dinosaur that, for various reasons, I could not upgrade despite being eligible. I got it for Christmas in 2008, which in Apple years converts to approximately a half a century ago.

    I figured that having waited this long already, I can tough it out for just a few more months. It's slow and behaves a bit erratically at times, but it works just fine around 95% of the time.

    I guess I'm just wondering if we're expecting this new phone to be so radically new and fresh that it justifies the wait. Obviously no one can KNOW, but you guys probably can make a more educated guess than I could.

    Thanks :)
  2. maflynn Moderator


    Staff Member

    May 3, 2009
    If you need a phone now, get one, otherwise wait.

    FWIW, people are expecting the iPhone 5 to be released in 2012, not 2011. A small refresh to the iPhone4 may be in the cards in September though.
  3. outlawarth macrumors regular

    Mar 20, 2011
    It's worth the wait. I would not be getting the iP4 (as great as it is) at this stage knowing that it will be refreshed soon.

Share This Page