Another Office 2008 SP1 Bug?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RonnyK, May 15, 2008.

1. RonnyK macrumors newbie

Having gone the route of deleting the keycode file and re-entering in order to get out of the endless "Autoupdate loop," I am now experiencing that double-clicking on document icons, although launching the associated Office app (e.g. double-clicking a Word doc icon runs Word), does not actually load the document. You either have to go through the Open pull-down menu or drag and drop the document icon into the new document window.

I see others are reporting the same problem over at http://www.macfixit.com/

Has MS acknowledged this problem? Anybody come up with a fix other than the obvious workarounds noted? Minor, perhaps, but an annoyance all the same.

2. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

For what it's worth I don't have this problem.
    Alan

3. jakeopolis macrumors member

i'm having this exact same problem, and i came on the forum to search and see if anyone figured out a way around this.

i guess not.

4. notwist macrumors regular

I'm having the problem with the Autoupdate endless loop. How do I fix this?

5. MacUserTrav macrumors newbie

I am currently having trouble with the new update from Office.. I currently running Office 2008 with Leopard and everytime I try to open any of the programs ie Entourage or Word I get the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant and then asks if I want to check for Updates? and will not let me go to the actual program? Why is this? What do I have to do to fix it?

6. RonnyK thread starter macrumors newbie

Fix for Update Loop

delete ˘/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008/Microsoft Office
    2008 Settings.plist
    delete /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Office/OfficePID.plist

then start an Office 98 app - put in serial number.
    After that it starts the MS update one more time, but thereafter the apps run as they should (except, for some of us, the non-opening issue noted above).

7. w7ox macrumors member

Same problem here. Tried all the ideas at MacFixIt to no avail. Finally did a total removal (not easy, needed to find many Library files and remove manually), reinstalled from original disk and then upgraded to 12.0.1. Until SP1 is updated, that's where I'll stay.

Phil