Another "OFFICIAL STATEMENT" thread!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trssho, Jun 28, 2010.

1. trssho macrumors 6502

Just got off the line with Apple level 2 support. Spoke to the agent Friday, when she had told me to expect an official announcement by the end of the day. Well, that never came. I emailed her today, and she just called me back 5 minutes ago. She said Apples official stance on the issue, is that the phone is functioning within normal parameters, and that if you have to hold it in a way that affects signal, you should use a case. She proceeded to tell me she is going to send me out a case next day delivery. She stated the cases were not an official response, and she was sending me one due to our previous conversation. Otherwise, the official stance is no free bumpers.

I actually bought a case earlier this evening from best buy, and it has rectified the problem. So guess I am goint to live with it, cause everything else about this phone is awesome, and I use cases.

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

I really think it's unnecessary to continue creating new threads each and every time someone gets off a phone (probably not an iPhone 4, ironically) with some report from some Apple Support rep that either:

a) rehashes what the other 50+ threads about such issues already states, or...
    b) is nothing new at all and just clogging up this subforum with more inane chatter

Until something is posted on Apple.com anywhere then nothing is official, I don't care if you just got off the phone with Steve Jobs himself, unless it's on Apple.com as public notice, it's unofficial.

3. admanimal macrumors 68040

Wanna bet?

4. H.B.I.C macrumors member

Yup, They are no longer giving free bumpers away.

I called and tried to get one, but was told by a Apple care rep that since Apple is looking into it, they can not give anymore away.

Oh well. Only took 5 minutes of my time.

5. anng12 macrumors member

if steve jobs uses an iPhone 4 without a bumper... he should have the problem too... maybe after he experiences dropped calls on his device... he'll fix it somehow.

6. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

OP, this is not "Official". Just because you postit does not make it "Official". I agree with a previous poster, enough of this already. But unfortunately we are going to see these post until either Apple addresses it, or people get board with the topic, which will probably be a month from now.

7. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Perhaps they found a software fix for it. Otherwise, this is pretty crappy. I suppose Apple won't care as long as they keep selling phones.

8. trssho thread starter macrumors 6502

Many of these statements by apple agents are buried in page 50 of a threads that has nothing to do with statement made by actual living breathing Apple employees. Lets make this the thread that outlines what the latest "official" word from Apple is. These statements from reps are the closest thing we have to "OFFICIAL"

9. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

10. pmkoch macrumors regular

I think it is crap that some of us actually purchased(lord knows why) the Bumper and ours aren't even getting shipped out until July! However they are sending free ones out to the complainers first!

11. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Apple has set a precedent and is now a target for a class action ..... don't they consult attorneys?

12. trssho thread starter macrumors 6502

Momma ever told you about squeaky wheels??? :D

13. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

MOST people know that Apple reps are just as uninformed as we are. If anything were "official", then everyone's phone conversations wouldn't vary to these extremes. And since none of these stories are "official", there is no need for this thread. While I can appreciate that you want to inform readers of your Apple rep encounter, these posts belong buried on page 50.

14. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I can CONFIRM Apple reps do not know what they are talking about at the moment.