Another "on waiting" thread with a few ??'s

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by robo456, Aug 4, 2008.

1. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

Hey guys, I know there's alot of "Should I wait?" type threads; heh, I've gone thru most of them.

From what I've read on the new model, it'll be a slightly faster processor, have the glass trackpad (not sure if I'd even like that) and a few other odds and ends.

My question has to do with the outside case of the new model. I don't know if I'm the only one out there, but I don't really think the aluminum casing "does it" for me. I have always kinda liked the 'clean' look of the white plastic. I was reading a few conflicting reports as to whether it will be alum or the old white.

I was looking to put the hard case on it. (maybe not the purple one, but just for the idea) Anyone else have any comments on the alum vs white?

Ugh... decisions decisions.

--rob

2. pinktank macrumors 6502

I hope they don't make it aluminum or if they make it so, put some sort of a guard behind the screen, otherwise they get bruised from pressure in backpacks and etc

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

And you should have posted in one of them.

If they change the case at all, your hard case won't work. Don't buy now.

4. robo456 thread starter macrumors 6502

robo456

Relax there... reason I didn't post in someone elses general thread is I had a specific question as to the case-type. ALL of the threads asking "should I buy now/later" with no general direction get flooded with people posting links to other threads and yelling at the OP for asking a "stupid question".

I guess I should have worded that better. I don't have any accessories for any macbook at this point. If I was to buy one, I'd want to get a case for it.

Thanks for the replies.

--rob

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Oh, well, if the case changes, it'd be a while before third parties get the dimensions to release compatible external cases.

6. iOrlando macrumors 68000

Buy it today.

been seeing alot of people buying them this week. I think people realize no updates to anything until the promo ends in September. I like the white. I think its very apple.

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

i think the aluminum feels alot better then the plastic macbooks.
    and it also looks more unique and expensive