Another one in the toilet!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pinkypinkster, May 24, 2010.

1. pinkypinkster macrumors newbie

I have only had my iPhone a few weeks. I am madly in love.

This is, in fact, my 2nd one already because the first one wouldn't connect to my wi fi (the local apple store gave me a new phone immediately when this happened).

Saturday morning my phone ended up in the toilet for about 2 seconds. The phone went dim. I turned it off and back on. Still dim. I researched the internet, dried off the phone, put it in a bag of rice for 2 days and checked it again today. Now it has a WHITE screen. It's plugging in to my computer, it's updating in iTunes, it's doing things, it's allowing me to click on the screen (I can hear it clicking on apps)... I just can't see anything but a bright white screen. I have put it back in the rice for now.

I see different threads on water damaged iPhones. I see threads on iPhones with white screens... but (perhaps because of poor searching skills) I don't see anything on a prognosis for a white screen due to water damage.

Does anyone have any good news for me? I'm so crazy grumpy now. I miss my phone!

2. iPhone3Gusr macrumors member

iPhone3Gusr

Unfortunately the screen would need to be replaced due to the white screen. The bad news is that you most likely will have to pay for the replacement but the good news is, is that it could be fixed and get you a working iPhone or screen replacement.

3. pinkypinkster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for the reply. I am in Toronto and have an Apple store a few minutes away so perhaps I'll go there one night this week. I'll just have to suck it up and pay whatever I have to... I am only 3 weeks into my 3 year data plan contract so I better have an iPhone to go with it!!