Another one of those "I hate my rMBP" threads

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jsorvillo, Dec 16, 2013.

1. jsorvillo macrumors newbie

Before I start my rant, I'll give you some backstory. I had a 2011 17" MBP before I got this rMBP. The 17" had a few (minor) problems and Apple said screw it. We'll give this a guy a new late 2013 rMBP.

Except it had no graphics card. So I asked for one. They said screw it. We'll give him the top of the line model. The audacity of Apple! They take my old computer and give me not just a new computer but a top of the line model!? What is this!? A better screen, battery life and CPU/graphics? Don't get me started on the lightness and thinness of the rMBP. Everyone knows that the super heavy and thick 17" MBP is its own theft deterrent as it acts as a hammer and bludgeon in cases of emergency. Now, I can only use the rMBP as a blade due to it's thinness.

What about the new cooling system??? I used to be able to run a few programs and then my MBP would heat up to ~90C, heating up my working area. Now that the cooling system is much more efficient, I have to go buy another space heater. A $2000+ system that isn't multi-purpose? Apple is ruined.

And that retina screen! A screen so good and clear and sharp that every other display pales in comparison. I've tasted the honey and nothing is sweet enough to compare. Ignorance is bliss Apple! Why did you do this to me?

And the new Haswell CPU! I can clearly tell a difference between the two that the rMBP is much much faster for renders and processing. I used to be able to go make a sandwich and get some rest between projects. Now they're so fast that they complete before I can even make it to the kitchen. Also, I usually work at a coffee shop or library. I wouldn't bring my charger so once my battery dies, I go home. But with the new power efficient CPU and the battery lasts so long, my productivity has doubled, or even tripled as I stay there longer. Why is Apple making me work more? Their stuff is supposed to help me and let me work less!

tl;dr Apple seriously screwed up the rMBP and is doomed as a company.

2. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

The audacity! Tsk tsk tsk! I see where you are coming from...

3. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

What problems were you having?? I'd love to get my 2011 17" replaced for a rMBP! ;)

4. themumu macrumors 6502a

themumu

I think that alone is criminal and they should include a personal chef with the purchase since you will no longer have any time to cook for yourself ;)