Another OS X Photos problem - Please help :)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ChrisPowder, May 11, 2015.

1. ChrisPowder macrumors member

My knowledge of iPhoto and now Photos is very poor. I am not a professional photographer and don't really do much photo work at all. I am having an issue with the sorting of some photos.

I have imported photos from an event from 3 different cameras. Whilst one of the cameras has the photos at the correct time, another has the time +1 hour and the other +30 minutes. So when I put these photos in one album or in my long stream of photos they are all out of sync of events of the day as the times are all wrong.

So my question. I am aware of how to change the time of a photo on Photos, but only individually. As there are hundred and hundreds, this would take ages. Is there a way to change the time of a large amount of photos at once? For example, put a group all +1 hour? Or is there another way around this?

Many thanks for any responses

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't believe the app has the ability to batch change the date. Its possible the timezone and/or time is not correctly set.

I believe Lightroom does this and there's a tool called ExifTool though I haven't used the latter, but it popped up on googling this.

3. ChrisPowder thread starter macrumors member

OK thanks for your response. I was worried about hearing that.

4. DFWHD macrumors regular

The Photos app does have the ability to batch adjust date and times. I just verified this. Select the images you want to adjust and then go Image>Adjust Date and Time... This appears to be a relative adjustment. Would this work for you?

5. ChrisPowder thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot that sounds like it could be what i'm looking for :D I can't test this at the moment as i'm at work sitting on a Windows machine running XP (yes you read that right - XP).

So are you saying if I select a number of images I can then put the time forward on all of them forward an hour. For example two images at 14:05 and 14:07 would then go to 15:05 and 15:07?

6. Nipperserphil macrumors newbie

DFWHD is correct ... this feature is available and does work for batch changes

I ran into a similar myself a few weeks back and was to batch change the times in Photos.

The biggest problem I had was routing out the affected photos, which were all mixed up with many others taken with different cameras in the photos view.

I overcame this by creating a smart album which contained only photos taken with a particular camera model & within a certain date range.

Once the incorrectly timed photos were in one album I was able to batch change the time (they were all about 1 hour out of sync).

Hope this helps