another outage?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mlemonds, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mlemonds macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

is anyone else experiencing mail problems again with mobileme? or is it just me?

trying to send an email from my phone for about the last 10 minutes

2. karnsculpture macrumors member

Nope, not just you! Second time this week - not good enough!

3. Cadium macrumors member

Yes, MobileMe Mail is down for me yet again... I'm getting tempted to buy my own domain and set up Google Apps... :mad:

4. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Yes, this POS service is starting to piss me off. I love MobileMe, but seriously what is the issue???

Trying to close on our house so I am getting many emails from mortgage guy and when I reply it says message couldn't be sent, but yet all of them go through. Not a good time for me to be having email issues. Then other messages come late because it cannot pull them down from server. Geeezzz

EDIT: This is on Mail.app, iPhone and web interface.

5. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

Working OK for me on the iPhone and me.com, but not in Mail. :(

6. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I think it is going hit or miss now. I wouldn't call this an outage, but probably another intermittent server connectivity issue.

7. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Same here...

Same here... Mail down again... I am sick of this crap apple calls software.

Announced today - "Apple worth more then Google" they certainly got plenty of my money.

8. Macsterguy macrumors 6502a

Macsterguy

Sorry guys, uncalled for...

Sorry guys, my post above was uncalled for... I just need to be making a living, not working on apple issues.

9. aphexii macrumors 6502

First I was getting SSL certificate issues (over the past hour), but right now, 7:51pm EST it seems to be totally down for me.

10. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

11. aphexii macrumors 6502

Just noticed that no e-mails have pushed to my iPhone in over 18 hours either. Weeeeeee. Talk about reliable!

12. snakedoctor macrumors member

Lol, I would call it an outage. The second time this week I can use my mobileme email. I get a new prompt this time when I hit get mail, "Mail cant verify the certificate "mail.mac.com"".

This is it for me, I have tried so hard to stay with this service but I am a IT consultant and I forward a few email addresses to this one for my work and I use my email all day practically. The biggest gripe I have is that I pay for this service and its worse than all of the free ones put together. Hotmail is more reliable.

Sad.

13. mlemonds thread starter macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

I think I know what the problem is... I can't get my phone to connect to the mobileme cloud because it is a clear day.

Gosh. Can't wait for that cold front!

14. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

Mine's down again, too. Getting nowhere besides frustrated with the on-line chat reps. "We are working to fix the issues as quickly as possible"..."there currently isn't a timetable for when the issue will be resolved"... blah, blah, blah.... :(

15. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

This has been happening for hours and this status message says nothing. :mad:

Attached Files:

16. jerryrock macrumors 6502

jerryrock

My sent mail seems to go (very slowly) but leaves no receipt.

17. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I can't send mail from my iPhone...but Mail.app works fine. Go figure.

18. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I am about down with this, after being on .mac forever, paying way too much and getting nothing in return this is a slap in the face.

19. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

They really should have a weather forecast as their status page.

If not, can someone whip up a fake site?

20. mlemonds thread starter macrumors 6502a

mlemonds

see things are a little different here in kentucky...

not all of us know why this TV has a typewriter in front of it...

When I was in line on iDay, i overheard someone explaining MobileMe and the cloud to another person and whenever he said that it gets pushed up to the cloud he would point up and tweedle-dee (his buddy) would look up. He asked if the cloud was the name of the satellite that apple syncs everything up to.

i wish it were a joke, i really do, but at least they both had shoes on. :cool:

21. downingp macrumors 6502a

Are you guys still having problems with the mail with mobileme? The mail.app program has exclamation marks.

22. danrad macrumors member

I keep getting a message that the outgoing message is too long - even though it's pretty short. If I cut a paragraph or two from the quoted reply, it goes through just fine.

This is the first I've seen a message like that ever.

Anyone else?

23. Cadium macrumors member

Yes, MobileMe Mail Chat Support blamed the SyncServices folder in Leopard for the issue and I went through their troubleshooting steps with no resolution to the issue of not being able to access my mail from Mail.app or through Mail on my iPhone so I cancelled the service... too much hassle to have to keep worrying about things like this.

24. downingp macrumors 6502a

Well the exclamation marks are now gone from the mail.app. The problem is now, in order for me to get mail on my iPhone I have to manually go into the mail program for it to search for new mail. It certainly wasn't doing this before.

25. kb152 macrumors member

Messages are not being pushed to my phone. It's been an intermittent problem for the past few days, but today it has been most of the day. I've brushed aside all the problems up to this point, but this is getting old.
    :mad: