Another "phone got wet help me" thread

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by yourmyboybh1026, Dec 26, 2010.

1. yourmyboybh1026 macrumors newbie

Ok, so my phone decided to jump out of my hands and land in the sink last night. I turned it off, took out the sim card and blew out quit a bit of water. I then plugged it into my computer and waited it out. It came up on my computer as an iphone in recovery mode. It was able to restore it, and everything is fine and dandy.......or so I thought. The screen is dark (like a lot of people experience), but now my computer won't recognize when its plugged in. It also won't charge on the wall charger. I have it sitting in a bag of rice drying out as we speak. I tried cleaning/blowing out the bottom connector, but it still didn't fix the problem with my computer seeing it. I'm just wondering if there is anything to try/any hope left.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You say, "Another phone got wet…" thread yet you turned it on. You fried it by plugging it in so soon. Should have put it in a bag of rice for a week.

3. KrisEagling macrumors member

KrisEagling

Hmmm well firstly leave it in the rice and dont even attempt to turn it on for a few days at least.
    Although you really shouldn't have plugged it into anything, just left it alone to dry naturally as you've probably shorted out something.
    I reckon leave it in the rice for a few days if it doesn't work take it to the apple store and if you can pay and swap it for a refurb and take it as a lesson learnt..
    I know how annoying it is, i dunked my old 3gs into the biggest mug of tea you've ever seen, and i left it drying for 2 weeks and it just died on me..
    Good luck :)

Kris

4. yourmyboybh1026 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I acted before I read any threads about it.