another pink screen tint thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sundog925, May 24, 2014.

1. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

seriously disappointed in this.
    upgraded from 7.0.6 on my 5 to 7.1.1 and NEVER had this happen.
    huge pink spot in the middle of the screen.
    must be hardware? phone is clearly out of warranty since it was a launch day phone.
    like i said, NEVER happened before updating. restored again, still there. kinda pissed at the moment. was trying to sell, now don't think i can.

:mad: FU apple.

Attached Files:

2. RJCP macrumors 6502

I have the same problem on my 5. It's definitely a hardware issue which got progressively worst, I think. I started noticing slight color deterioration on the sides of the display but thought it migh just be my eyes, but it got worst with time. I'm not due to an upgrade until February next year and no way I'm paying 549£ upfront for a phone.

3. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

My 5 has the pink tint too. The tint appeared almost exactly 1 year after purchase (beginning of last May) It seems to be a chemical reaction in the adhesive used to bind the display elements together.

4. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

My 5 has this too. It's out of warranty and I kept it for a backup. It happened about 14 months later

5. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

My 5, 5c, and now 5s have all had this issue. They'll replace it under AppleCare, but over time it has appeared on every replacement display.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

When viewing the screen at low brightness and an extreme angle where there is a large white area, I noticed a pink blotch on my 5s. I never thought to hold the phone at an angle. Since in normal viewing I don't notice it I'm not concerned.