Another PkgBackup update fail?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by h1r0ll3r, Dec 20, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Just updated PkgBackup and now several of my apps are missing. Not only are the icons missing, the actual files on the phone are now missing. I just lost my iPod, Mail, Several other Apple default apps as well as Cydia and Winterboard. I'm praying this is a mistake and that I didn't actually lose all that information. Anyone else updated and having this issue?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

wow I haven't done a backup since the new release. think I will hold of for that for now. I hope theses issues get fixed soon. I used to really able to trust this app.. :(

3. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

On another note, does anyone know of a better app than PkgBackup for restoring your Cydia apps?

4. justinwebb macrumors regular

5. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Weird. Mine worked fine for 2 or 3 days after I downloaded the update. Now it won't go past the splash screen. No idea what the problem is.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

In what possible way could PkgBackup delete applications from your phone?

7. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

No idea which is why I was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. Updated PkgBackup, did a respring and the next thing I know, whole bunch of files are missing.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Sorry, I just don't buy it. Installing PkgBackup using apt simply cannot delete non-PkgBackup files. I suppose if there were an application with which PkgBackup conflicted apt would uninstall it; but any such application removal would have been clearly listed on the confirmation page. If not, then I would guess that your issues are completely unrelated to PkgBackup and their coincidence with your upgrade of PkgBackup was just that: a coincidence.

9. bengtc macrumors regular

updated and now it says "backup failed" everytime I try to back up, just last week I could back up everything.

10. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I've seen something similar after the two most recent PKGbackup updates, I suddenly couldn't find three of my most used apps. Went in to SBSettings and dound they were hidden. Weirdorama.