Another plea - can i turn off DST auto changing?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TraceyS/FL, Mar 7, 2009.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I proved in the fall, that despite telling the computer to NOT auto set the time, the DST change still happened. It is apparently hard coded.

I have an EyeTV recording that crosses the time change and another one starts right after. My satilllite provider won't change until 7am because of this. But alas, the Mac changes on it's own.

Does anyone know how to get Leopard and Tiger to NOT change the time at 2am?

The crappy part is i've been fighting all week to NOT wake up at 3am - today i made it till 4. Now i'm going to have to be up in the middle of the night to deal with this i think.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

You could try unchecking the "set date and time automatically" option (if you have it set), then changing the date to a few days before. That ought to prevent the time change from taking place. Afterwards, you can reselect it and everything will go back to normal.

3. MacUser2525 macrumors 68000

MacUser2525

Set the date to yesterday let the recordings happen like they would then tomorrow set the proper date again.

4. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

I ended up getting up at 4am - thanks to a siren that woke me up - and changed the clocks back manually.

And BlueRevolution - that is UNchecked, it has no impact on DST as i found out in the fall when i lost recordings.

The good news is, this is the last year of recording so i don't have to worry about it ever again!

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

That's why I suggested changing the date as well.

6. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

with 1TB of files that i use the dates to keep them in order and know what i have archived off and not - changing the date was NOT a viable option for my brain this week. Really, i rather would have missed the recordings that i would have than try to change my spreadsheet. LOL!!

It's been a LONG recording year (i'm up to 700 DVDs of content rolled off, and almost a full TB to roll off).

It's just frustrating because you used to be able to turn it off....