iPad mini Another positive rMini thread....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rmhop81, Nov 13, 2013.

1. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

This thing is amazing! I don't have an air to compare it to but I have 1st gen iPad mini and this screen blows it away. My wife isn't one to really care about those kinda things, but she is really impressed by the screen and is super happy about the upgrade and she is not much of a tech person. She reads on her kindle app all the time and couldn't believe the difference from her old mini.

Ordered online today and picked them up around 7pm. Surprised how quiet the Northpark apple store was. We asked the guy how his day was going and he said surprisingly slow. He said no one has really come in asking about the new mini yet. He didn't think they've caught on yet....

Anyways, highly recommend it. Don't let all the negative reviews make up your mind. Go buy one, you won't regret it! Then just use the darn thing and enjoy it!

I wanted to make another thread as negative reviews always outshine the positive ones and reassure people that it's a great product.

2. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Good Job! People are so darn picky these days! Nothing is perfect, not even the people using them. You got folks that will return these things 14 times because there is one little thing they want. If Apple was smart they would say you get 3 exchanged then after that... were are done!

3. rmhop81 thread starter macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Thanks! Get tired of seeing those. It's about 100 to 1 so thought I'd start another positive one.

That's why u get people getting banned from best buy....the retailer loses money bc of it.

4. Szarky macrumors 6502a

This actually happens?

5. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I agree with the nitpicking. I picked up one for my self and my wife. The screen is much improved over the last gen, I didn't bother to extremely inspect my screen if it's yellow or what not. I don't notice anything using it and that's all that matters. I have an air as well and I notice the green is more neon compared to the mini retina but doesn't make a difference as far as experience goes.

6. rmhop81 thread starter macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Yah they track your returns via an online system where they store your info. Some get banned 90 days and some forever lol

----------

Totally agree. Btw, what do u do with 2 iPads just curious....

7. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Then you have those that just want to get their hands on one, knowing the one they purchased isn't the one they want (only to return it). Patience is a virtue, well it use to be anyway! LOL

I ordered mine online, but my local Best Buy had them in stock today. I tried to cancel the order, but it was too late. So, I will get it Friday, that is okay. Now someone else gets an opportunity buy one.

8. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I don't have a laptop (have a iMac when I need osx) so the Air pretty much works as an at home laptop. The mini I take with me to work and when I'm on the road for work. I had only a mini last year so kind of missed the big screen I had with the previous models. So far though the mini retina is leaps and bounds better than the previous model. I may return the Air and just keep the mini.

9. rmhop81 thread starter macrumors 68020

rmhop81

nice man! i've got 2 macbook air's and was thinking of downsizing. Wondered about having an Air and a Mini, but not sure would work for me. maybe overkill. thanks for sharing

10. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

Overkill for sure and if you're a true Mac user, the iPad is more of a bigger iPhone than a Mac replacement. Unless you have money to burn or don't mind having a luxury device, MacBook+iPhone is still the best combo IMO.