Another positive thread :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CrAkD, Jul 29, 2010.

1. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Ok so I got the iPhone 4 for my girlfriend on launch and waited for the white phone. So I had time with the iPhone 4 before getting my own so I KNEW all the problems were blown wayyyyyyyyyy out of proportion.

Fast forward to yesterday I picked up my 32gb iphone 4. My 3GS had the new bootrom and i always jailbreak so this was my first phone with os 4 that I would use normally.

I absolutely love it. I have had zero problems. It's lightning fast, seamless and gorgeous. Me and the girlfriend used face time for the first time last night and actually talked for like 2 hours haha. I know I know video chat is ollddddd but I don't have a webcam and she doesn't have her own computer at home. So the iPhone is super convenient. To someone who doesn't video chat often or ever it is pretty amazing to do it for the first time. Flipping to the back camera is super convenient too to show her what our dog is doing and stuff is cool too.

It kind of makes me sick the rep the phone is getting cause of whiners on the Internet. I'm constantly defending it to people. I hear people looking for left over 3GS' because the iPhone 4 has "too many problems" cause of what they've seen on the news. Do yourself a favor try it. you have 30 days use the phone like normal not paying any attention to any news story and if you really have problems in day to day use and don't absolutely LOVE it then return it for a 3GS. I'm willing to bet 99% will be completely satisfied and wonder What the big deal is.

As I said I always jailbreak but os 4 makes it less needed. I found a way to still tether my iPad using handy light. The multitasking makes bitesms quick reply less important. Only things I'm missing are sbsettings iblacklist and 3G unrestrictor (face time anyone?)

So to sum it up. I'm extremely satisfied and would never go back to a 3GS after this. Good job apple. Greeeeeaaatttt phone.

2. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

Yay! These threads are nice for a change. I've had zero problems, too. I absolutely love it. Thanks for sharing! :)

3. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Thank you! glad to hear your not having any problems either!

4. Gryzor macrumors 6502

I know five people with an iPhone 4. Looks great, don't get me wrong, but every single one of them has some problem or other, be it signal issues, discoloured screen, loose home button, or whatever. It's shoddy, and unacceptable. Apple deserve all the bad press they have been getting, and their attempts to bring other phone manufacturers into the equation is pathetic.

They screwed up, simple as that.

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

My iPhone 4 has no problems at all as long as I keep it in it's case.

The Gryzor's of this world are insignificant little minds who get a kick out of denigrating anything that other people like. I don't believe he even owns an iPhone, most likely he is also harboring deep resentment that he can't, for one reason or another, have one.

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

7. shinenjk macrumors regular

Damn, all I need is the tethering app and I'll be REALLY happy. Just because of tethering, I'll be jailbreaking mine if it gets released.

8. CrAkD thread starter macrumors 68040

CrAkD

should have got handylight that day it was available.

9. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

It's nice to participate in a positive thread! :)
    I'm happy with my 4 too.