Another Premier Thread.. ** UPDATE ** ALL PHONES SHIPPED **

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fuzion, Jun 21, 2010.

1. fuzion macrumors 6502

** UPDATE 2 ** As of 6/22/ @ 11 AM PST all 5 orders have valid tracking numbers (FedEx) with delivery for tomorrow by 3PM

*** UPDATE ***
    As of 8:19 PM PST 6/21/2010 All 5 of the orders I have been watching are no longer back ordered

To Recap: All orders placed on launch day, most of them around 9 AM to 10 AM PST on AT&T Premier. Last order was placed before 1:30 PM on 6/15 via AT&T Premier.

AT&T Premier order statuses as of this update have no new info, but the standard AT&T order system shows back order flags cleared.

All orders were put into the AT&T order system the day after they were placed in premier. Note as mentioned that the system timestamps the orders; so the actual date you completed your order is the date the system counts, not when it was sent from premier to AT&T regular ordering fulfillment.

**********************[/B]

Original Post:

Hey fellow premier users.. I just got off the phone w/ premier support. I feel a little better and i'm hoping the guy wasn't pulling my leg to just get me off the phone but we talked for 5 - 10 mins or so. I don't get the feeling he was just feeding me BS.

Long story short.. he said the back ordered thing isn't an issue [as we know back ordered = your account hasn't been paired with an iPhone s/n yet]. They should be getting more phones tonight so more and more users will be removed from back ordered status. He said we are put on back order to freeze the system so it doesn't try to move forward; and went on to say that the system isn't designed for a 9 day pre-order, it usually expects to see orders move forward within 24-48 hours after it's placed so a 9 day hold is causing conflicting info in the accounts and order statuses.

He told me that each order is time stamped and they are being fulfilled in order, confirming that even though my order on AT&T says rec'd 6/16 it was time stamped into the system on 6/15, and my order is on track, not delayed, no issues, everything is good etc. He also said they [premier I assume] went down 5 times and they even had to rebuild a web server due to the traffic hit.

So hopefully this helps some others.. I just got an app update for angry birds so I have 15 levels to keep me busy for now!

2. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

Makes me feel slightly better, thank you for this

3. clg82 macrumors 6502

My AT&T account also says mine is on backorder, that I ordered mine on the 16th (which is wrong) and the premier says the 15th. I feel a little better as premier also told me that my sim card had been activated and that it was getting ready to ship. So when do you think I should expect to see some kind of a shipping number.

4. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

I so hope you are right!!!!!! I just hate how ATT has been handling the orders, I tried for the longest time to place my order with apple, but was not able to, so I gave up and placed it with ATT, at this point, given the fact of how they have deal with this, and all the other problems they have, I might be calling them on friday and cancel my service with them if I don't get my iPhone..

5. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

man i hope so...i mean planes can only go so fast lol

6. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I hope that's right for your sake (should be) but if true, I wonder why they don't just keep taking orders and fulfill them the same way? I keep checking the sight 2-3 times a day hoping to see 'Out of Stock' go away. :mad:

7. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I still won't feel better till I see fedex tracking number! :mad:

8. clg82 macrumors 6502

Same here......

9. fuzion thread starter macrumors 6502

I think if everything had remained stable they would continue taking orders and ship them as they come in, but with the huge rush and servers going down it's better to stop and make sure all initial orders are handled instead of adding to the mass hysteria.

10. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

OK, that makes me feel slightly better. However, I ordered my phone exactly at 3:00pm EST and I thought I saw some people on here that ordered after who have already had their iPhone shipped.

11. clg82 macrumors 6502

Same here, i've seen other people that have ordered after me get tracking numbers......:eek:

12. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

Looks like there is a bit of separation there between those who ordered the 16GB model and the 32GB model. They may have ran out of 32GBs and are waiting on getting those in from Apple before moving forward.

13. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

hmm never thought of that...that could be why i'm back ordered too urgh

14. BeerBongBeau macrumors newbie

BeerBongBeau

+1

Yes, THANK YOU!

Ordered about 08:30AM PST 06/15/10

15. forced528 macrumors newbie

I ordered 2 (16GB and 32GB) from premier site at 1:30 AM on 6/15 and I got a confirmation for both at 2:03AM. My orders are still on back order and no tracking and ATT shows it as 6/17 order date.

I did speak to a premier rep this morning and she said that backorder status will change within 24 hours. My 2 phones are pending shipment and CC has been cleared. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

16. clg82 macrumors 6502

Has anyone had their status change since this morning? I have called AT&T 4-5 times and i get a different answer everytime......ugghhhh why is this so difficult....I like you ordered the 15th at 0830 am and mine says backordered.... and it also says that i ordered the 16th!WTF!:eek:

17. icecreamsammich macrumors member

Mine still says "Attention!"

I talked to them 3 times between 8-1030am today (Monday) and there was a problem with the port. Hopefully that is cool now.

I ordered at 715am EDT on Tuesday so I am freaking about people behind me having tracking numbers. :mad:

I am still not even IN the regular AT&T system, let alone know if it's on backorder or whatevs. :confused:

I ordered a 16GB, new AT&T customer, new Premier account.

Are Premier tracking numbers coming from China or somewhere else? I just can't imagine my phone getting to Atlanta from CHINA if AT&T can't get their stuff together 2.5 days before it's supposed to be in my hands.

18. forced528 macrumors newbie

Still no change for me. :(

19. BrandonJay21 macrumors member

Thank you for this.. still no change here... but at least it gives me a little more hope. :)

20. fuzion thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey guys!

My 9:07 AM order left backorder about 20 - 30 mins ago
    My 9:30 AM order left backorder about 5 mins ago

keep your fingers crossed!

21. BrandonJay21 macrumors member

Yay! I may have missed it, but did you say what time zone you're in? I'd be very happy if you said PST, because I ordered 1218pm ET. ;)

22. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

Could it really be happening??

EDIT- OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!!!

23. clg82 macrumors 6502

Did your status say you ordered on a day that you didn't? I ordered on the 15th and mine says the 16th.....

24. clg82 macrumors 6502

Did your order say backordered on the AT&T website or the premier website?

25. fuzion thread starter macrumors 6502

I am in PST

I just checked a total of 5 premier orders between myself boss co workers and other half; all of our orders have had the back order flag cleared.

These orders were placed between 9 AM and 10 AM PST. The exception is the 5th order placed just before 1:30 PST; but again - back order flag cleared on all 5 statuses.