Another Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lingm04, Sep 30, 2010.

1. lingm04 macrumors newbie

Hi

I have recently had to send my MBP 2010 in for repairs because of a screen issue from a faulty video card. Anyway now i am having the same problem again and in the last few days my laptop has frozen and made a weird noise twice. My question is at what point can i get a refund because this is getting ridiculous and the last time i sent my MBP in it took over a week to "repair" it( although i have the same problem again).

I can't afford to send it in now because i rely on it for notes, assignments etc and i am in my final two weeks of uni for the semester atm. Should i wait until i have finished uni and then try and send it in again or do i need to send it in asap? What do you guys think could be causing the freezing and weird noise issue. I only had itunes and word open both times when it happened btw.

Thanks

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Apple will usually give a replacement after 3 major failures on the same part (not to be confused with the lemon rule/law, Apple has no such thing). You can try to see if they'll give you one now but that's highly unlikely. You're probably looking at another repair and if after that repair the problem doesn't go away, you'll probably get a replacement.

3. lingm04 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply mate. wow so it takes 3 major failings just to get a replacement. What is the lemon rule/law thing you speak of?

This is just really annoying because you pay good money for something you expect it to work properly. Not send it in 2-3 times to get in repaired within the first 6 months of ownership!

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Lemon rule/law is basically if something fails 3 times, you'll get a replacement. Apple doesn't have this, or they like to say they don't and after the third failure, out of customer satisfaction, will give you a replacement.