another ram question....

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by veeco3110, Mar 4, 2008.

1. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

well I'm the glad owner or a new 24 inch iMac today. sold my macbook to my buddy and bought this. now one thing i noticed with all macs at the apple store is that they are all really fast. one click on application on the dock and they bounce once and open right up. now is this due to processor speed or memory because i noticed that they all are running on 2 gig of memory((or at least the ones that i looked at))? i bought the base 24 inch with the 2.4 ghz processor. i have 1 gig of memory right now but would like to max it out. will this help in my search to have a fast computer like the ones in the apples tore? thank you in advance

2. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

Simplest solution is to just buy a 1 GB chip and put it to 2 GB total. OWC/Crucial/Newegg are all good.

3. veeco3110 thread starter macrumors 6502

veeco3110

so its the memory and not he processor thats going to be the active part of this?

4. brop52 macrumors 68000

brop52

As you've stated that's the only difference. Plus, remember that these computers have opened the same program over and over again and will have it in the cache much like having a web site in cache in safari so when you browse the finder it is probably quicker on those computers.

(Enjoy your computer and buy a now cheap 1 GB chip of RAM)