Another rare positive review:)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joeysarks, Feb 3, 2013.

1. joeysarks macrumors regular

Got a refurbished MBPr figuring it would be less prone to problems and I must say...this computer is a beast! I've thrown everything I can at it, and it doesn't slow down a bit. No dead pixels, no IR (LG display, so who knows down the line?) no lag when browsing, etc. When upping the resolution to 1200p I do see a little lag when goin to full screen quicktime movie, but thats not enough to return it. I honestly didn't think i'd be using the "Best for Retina" settings as much as I am either, but I feel like I have all the space I need right now. I have an external I was goin to use when editing, but the screen is such a joy to work on, I don't know if i'll even be using that as much as I previously thought.

Tested the computer with some gaming yesterday too and was impressed by that as well. WoW can be run maxed out at around 1080-1200p with no issues, and at 1800p its playable on good settings. I usually back it off a lil anyways cuz i'll sacrifice settings for lower heat/fan noise, but you can barely hear the fans when they're cranking up anyways, and the heat stayed around 70-80 altho the top of the keyboard was extremely hot. I even hooked up my external Asus and played around those settings on 1080p as well:)

1 thing I wanted to know about tho is this EFI bug I keep hearing about. Is there a way to dodge that, or test for it. No idea what that even is.
    Also should I be updating drivers or anything like that? Or should I just not touch anything cuz it's working so well right now lol

2. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

Unless I missed out on something the EFI 'bug' as you call it is not a bug, it was just a few people complaining about graphical and processor slow downs after updating. This was back a while ago so I would not worry about it.

3. 1member1 macrumors 6502

Great. but why no one write which model they bought ? at least say if it's 13 or 15

4. joeysarks thread starter macrumors regular

My bad, it's the baseline 15 inch MBPr. I was debating for a long time whether I needed the 8gb or 16gb of RAM, but after using this a few days the 8gb seems like enough for now. By the time I may need more i'll prolly upgrade with a Haswell refurb or Broadwell.

5. Quazimojo macrumors regular

Quazimojo

1800p indicates he has a 15inch model.

I guess everyone might now know the native resolution of each model so it would help when people are writing reviews to let everyone know what model they are talking about.

6. 1member1 macrumors 6502

Yeah i'm not very familiar with the 15 inch retina resolution because I got 13 inch one.
    anyway glad he's happy.