Another Safari bug

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KingYaba, Apr 1, 2008.

1. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

This issue only happens when I am running on battery power. :confused: I open up Safari and then, having the notebook on my lap, the machine gets a little warmer and a little warmer. I open up the Activity Monitor only to find (see attachment) my processor working a little too hard.

This happens all the time. I have narrowed the cause: happens only on battery power. When the machine is plugged in Safari doesn't do this. This is a problem because it will eat my battery life say I continue to browse with Safari. Thankfully I have a backup in Camino.

In this particular instance, I opened up Safari and typed google.com/news. No tabs no other windows open. No plugins installed either.

Safari 3.1

Attached Files:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

when this happends option click on Safari and force quit (if its not responding) or force quit it from Activity Monitor and re-open. does this help?

3. KingYaba thread starter macrumors 68040

KingYaba

richthomas I tried your advice but opening up Safari one minute ago it still shot my processor usage to 90%. It's not that Safari is failing to respond, just using 100% of my CPU when on battery power. :confused: