another "selling old iphone" thread, except...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sal, Jun 29, 2009.

1. sal macrumors 6502

I searched for the threads and read what apple has to say about it on the apple site. I have done a reset "erase all content and settings"

for kicks I connected it to my computer and it showed my phone number. I did not do a restore from backup or anything like that. it then said something like "waiting for activation"

is that normal? is DFU restore the solution?

should I take the sim card out before selling it? will they have any problems when they are trying to activate it? I read that, they'll need a NEW sim card if they wish to activate it with at&t or they have to unlock it.

I am just trying to avoid any problems and be informed, in the event that the buyer starts asking me questions. Also to avoid any potential problems with my at&t account.

2. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Take your SIM card out. If they're going with AT&T, they can pop theirs in or walk into any store and get one for free; if they're going with another carrier, they don't need an AT&T SIM.

Either way, yours is linked to your account, so don't give it away. ;)

3. sal thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

Usually a replacement SIM card costs around $25 or so. That usually aren't free. At least at an AT&T corporate store.

5. keenan wolf macrumors 6502

keenan wolf

that is not true at all. they hand them out like they are hot cakes.

6. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Or pancakes! I like pancakes :)