Another Shipping Question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Juggalo, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Juggalo macrumors newbie

Juggalo

This is my first time posting in this forum, though I have been a reader for a while. I used the search function but could not find any substantial answers to my questions. I recently ordered a MBP with the 17" Hi-res screen through the Campus Computer Store (they ordered it online). On the online Apple store "Order Status" page it shows the order status as "Prepared for Shipment" and then proceeds to say "Ships: 1 - 3 business days". My question is this:
    What does the "Ships: 1-3 business days" mean exactly? Does it mean that it takes 1-3 days from the date of order to get it shipped out of the factory/warehouse? Or does it mean that once shipped it will take 1-3 business days to reach me?

Also, I am using standard shipping (in Canada). My question here is can I contact the Campus store and have them change it to expedited shipping, or is it too late for that.

Sorry about the questions, I know to some they might seem stupid but I have never ordered anything from Apple (this is, in fact, my FIRST Mac. Haven't even owned an iPod) and I am really excited to get my MBP and I am kind of starting to need it for university.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

2. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

the 1-3 days means it will ship "in theory" 1 to 3 days from the time the order is received. it may be 2 weeks before you have it though. just be patient. the next status message you'll probably see will be that it missed the fedex cutoff. that is all normal.