Another small step to certain mbp refresh?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lifeguard90, Jan 15, 2011.

1. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

This link,

http://www.macnn.com/articles/11/01/14/reduced.prices.on.refurbished.macbooks/

full courtesy of macnn.com, shows that the apple online refurbished section now has even lower macbook and macbook pro models. However, the limited time phrases are not shown, the fact that lower prices on already cheaper macs is nice. Perhaps potentially another small step or input towards a needed refresh. Now with Sandy Bridge announced, and rumors of Apple having tested those for months now, aims to have a refresh hopefully before April.

* Apple has not gone 11-12 months on a macbook/macbook pro. 8-10 has become the ball park range; in which we are approaching the 10 month mark less than 30 days from now.

* 99% sure they will be out before Lion. Having the osx be its own product will gain more money and publicity. Also, iPad 2 is imminent, just a matter of time; which brings us to the blurry line of how announcements/availability of ipad 2 and mbp will counter act.

What do you all think?... I say before April 13th( 1 full year from last update* the october BTO does not count)

2. firemedicmark macrumors 6502

I hope your theory is right, i'd be in the market!

3. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

Hopefully the update is sooner rather then later.

4. WelshBluebird macrumors regular

Personally I have a feeling Apple are trying to move their computers into the 12 month refresh cycles that they have used for the rest of their devices (iPods, iPhones, and probably iPads).

5. lifeguard90 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hope the 12 month cycle is not true, but I really do not think this will be the case. Sometimes updates are long in waiting, sometimes shorter. The current mbp line is great , well 15& 17" nothing worth upgrading until Sandy Bridge, so now its just a countdown. I can see no later than 12 months,but likely between Feb-April.

*side note, I was trying to find a possible trend in correlation between Apple financial calls/results with media events and or updates falling within a weeks time of the event. I have a feeling we will see some sort of media event or major clues to ipad2 before Jan is up. Macworld is later this month, yet another trade show Apple is not attending, but can take away attention on its own stage. Like it did with Verizon iphone in the CES time frame.

6. lifeguard90 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 1st, will hit 300 day mark for mbp since last refresh. Of course all is speculation, just an interesting number. Have not seen 300 days between upgrades for this. Even if not, the macbook would hit around 300 in mid march, thus 1 month short of mid april; again a long long time. Once more info on ipad comes out/ announcement ( if it comes first) expect laptop news to appear like the mba did in sept/oct. Something tells me wait to buy, feel free to try current ( no more restock fee), but sooner rather than later is my educated guess.

Till then, keep guessing, finding news or rumors. Have fun with it!