Another "SMS Forwarding" is not working thread....

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by evrard, Oct 20, 2014.

1. evrard macrumors regular

evrard

Hey everyone, sorry to post another thread regarding the SMS forwarding not working but I have tried everything already posted.

I will get to the part where I am told to wait for a code on my Macbook, but no code comes.

I have updated to 8.1 and Yosemite, so that is not the issue.
    They are connected to the same wifi network and iCloud account.
    I have logged out of both my entire iCloud account and messages on both devices and reset.

The only thing that is weird is my bluetooth, I tried connecting the iPhone to the computer and for some reason they won't accept each other. Which is weird because my computer has a bluetooth mouse and keyboard, and my phone was using bluetooth for audio this weekend.

Help?!

2. devsfan1830 macrumors regular

devsfan1830

On both devices make sure you are set to send and recieve imessages with both your phone number AND apple id. That means both are checked. Once i did this and toggled the on switch for forwarding to my mac did the code pop up on my mac. If you open the console app on the mac you can see errors the computer throws. If you see anything about a non sms device, thats your problem. Also, once you sucessfully pair, you shouldnt need to maintain a wifi or BT connection on your phone. Ive had sms forwarding via LTE only. You probbaly dont even need wifi or BT to even pair either.