Another Snow Leopard bug?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Nick G, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Nick G macrumors member

I had a problem over the weekend where my iMac would wake up seconds after putting it to sleep, and also rebooting after shutting it down. The full story can be seen on this thread here:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10579459&#10579459

At first I thought it was caused by an installation of iMagneto, but it eventually becomes clear that it was caused by what I presume was a corrupted folder (Application Support).

I've not been able to find out any more info about this bug outside of the Apple support forums so I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. The original thread in the Apple forums dates back to early September so it looks like the 10.6.1 and 10.6.2 updates didn't address it. Is it a very rare bug I wonder?

2. michaelvdh macrumors newbie

I got this since I had my iMac with 10.5.6. I don't think it's a bug. I frequently find my iMac turning on when i power on/off my desk light which uses the same electrical circuit. If it's not such a thing check external hard disks. I got a LaCie drive which goes into standby after a while. Spotlight makes it turn on again sometimes when i sleep the iMac. This results in a wake up to. Hell even unplugging the iPhone makes it wake up.