Another teacher having student sex!

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
2,702
2
Another FEMALE teacher having sex with a student! How is it they aren't getting 50yrs to life for this? This "lady" was getting it on with her "student" while the teachers baby was in the same car :eek: !

Link
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (Reuters) - A California high school teacher was arraigned on Monday at a Sacramento court accused of having sex with a student in a car as her two-year child was strapped into the back seat.
Margaret De Barraicua, 30, a teacher trainee, was charged with four counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, a 16-year-old student. The married woman was caught having sex in the late afternoon last week in what was apparently a consensual agreement, officials said.
 

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
732
0
Europe
I didn't realise that 16 year-olds are considered minors in California. What's the age of consent?

I don't think this would be a legal matter over this side of the pond, although it would no doubt be a 'moral' issue. I think the baby in the back seat is more of an issue than these guys having sex.
 

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
11,177
0
Brize said:
I didn't realise that 16 year-olds are considered minors in California. What's the age of consent?

I don't think this would be a legal matter over this side of the pond, although it would no doubt be a 'moral' issue. I think the baby in the back seat is more of an issue than these guys having sex.
18 is the line here in the US.

But, yeah, having sex while you're kid is in the car? Sick.
 

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
732
0
Europe
jsw said:
18 is the age here in the States.

Seems high to me.
Yeah, seems high to me as well. Do 16 and 17 year-olds ever get prosecuted for having sex with each other, or is the law just used in cases where 16+ teenagers are having sex with older adults?
 

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
6,149
341
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Brize said:
Yeah, seems high to me as well. Do 16 and 17 year-olds ever get prosecuted for having sex with each other, or is the law just used in cases where 16+ teenagers are having sex with older adults?
Pretty sure it's only statutory rape if one party is over 18 (and there may be a special consideration if the ages are very close--17 and 18 or something).

In either case, though a teacher having sex with any student, particularly an underage one (if it matters that much wait two years, lady!), is something of an issue, doing it with a 2 year old in the car? That's sick!
 

Macaddicttt

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2004
992
2
San Diego, CA
Brize said:
Yeah, seems high to me as well. Do 16 and 17 year-olds ever get prosecuted for having sex with each other, or is the law just used in cases where 16+ teenagers are having sex with older adults?
It varies from state to state. I'm not exactly sure, but I remember reading somewhere that in California 18-year olds could have sex with 16-year olds or older. I don't know about 19-year olds or above.
 

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
1,155
0
California.
Wait, 50 years to life? Are you serious? I would think that a year would be reasonable punishment.

Fishes,
narco.
 

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
1,701
0
Nottingham
Is it just me, or has Macrumors become triple-X rated this past week? It's just sex, sex, genitalia (computers) and more sex.

I imagine it'd be a rather less understated article if the subjects were gender reversed.
 

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
2,702
2
narco said:
Wait, 50 years to life? Are you serious? I would think that a year would be reasonable punishment.

Fishes,
narco.
30 yr old social studies teacher has sex with 16yr old cheerleader, usually a good 20yr sentence.
 

aplasticspork

macrumors regular
May 27, 2004
199
0
Seattle Wa.
not sure about california, but last time i checked in washington the age of consent is 16 unless the age difference is more than 2 years and 9 months. if the age difference is more than 2 years and 9 months age of consent is 18.
--andrzej
 

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
617
10
Los Angeles
What I want to know is...

1) Is she as hot as the teacher from florida who had sex with the student?

2) Where were the horny female teachers when I was 16?

edit: I believe the teacher I was talking about was from Tennesee, former WCW spring Break Nitro girl
 

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
732
0
Europe
greenmonsterman said:
What I want to know is...

1) Is she as hot as the teacher from florida who had sex with the student?

2) Where were the horny female teachers when I was 16?
It was only a matter of time...
 

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
5,215
2
brap said:
Is it just me, or has Macrumors become triple-X rated this past week? It's just sex, sex, genitalia (computers) and more sex.

I imagine it'd be a rather less understated article if the subjects were gender reversed.

Its what sells news, yknow. Whatever gathers the most interest. That is what sells.


aplasticspork said:
not sure about california, but last time i checked in washington the age of consent is 16 unless the age difference is more than 2 years and 9 months. if the age difference is more than 2 years and 9 months age of consent is 18.
How did they come up with that? And does that mean a 16 year old can have sex with a 15 year old if they are within 2 years and 9 months or are they both supposed to be above 16?
But 2 years and 9 months is a seemingly random point in time to choose. Just how it struck me....
 

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
3,023
1
San Luis Obispo, CA
greenmonsterman said:
What I want to know is...

1) Is she as hot as the teacher from florida who had sex with the student?

2) Where were the horny female teachers when I was 16?

edit: I believe the teacher I was talking about was from Tennesee, former WCW spring Break Nitro girl
Seriously. that teacher from florida was bangin.
 

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
16,570
0
We definitely have a run on this particular subject.

A male teacher with a female student would be treated much harshly. The usual double standard.

The teacher female/male are in the position of power and so it is wrong.
This has to be the worst yet, having the two year in the back seat. At least at that age, it shouldn't scar him.

The treatment dealt to prior cases, doesn't seem to be having any deterrent effect. Something needs to change and soon.
 

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
6,639
2
Where is the eff'ing marriage vows in this case? You people seem to be focusing on the wrong issue here.
 

hob

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2003
2,023
0
London, UK
wdlove said:
A male teacher with a female student would be treated much harshly. The usual double standard.
Really? This has been said by a couple of people on this thread... My feeling is that a 30 year old male trainee teacher (in a position of power/responsibility - or at least training for it) having sex with a 16 year old girl would be more than frowned upon... I happen to feel that it would be worse if the roles were reversed, although it shouldn't be...
 

Xenious

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
674
41
Texas, USA
narco said:
Wait, 50 years to life? Are you serious? I would think that a year would be reasonable punishment.

Fishes,
narco.
But we're a country of prudes and religious right! ahha But murder? oh well thats no biggie you can be out on parole tomorrow.

Oh and always pay your taxes or its life! (A govenment needs its income, ya know? like a pimp or something!)
 

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
6,557
36
We need pictures here people. For the guy though, assuming she is hot, is probably a good case of "her problem, my benefit."

jon
 

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
14,874
57
iJon said:
We need pictures here people. For the guy though, assuming she is hot, is probably a good case of "her problem, my benefit."

jon
I posted a pic, but you didn't click on the link -- so I added the