Another thread from a switcher!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Matto1020, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Matto1020 macrumors member

Matto1020

Some of you may of read my earlier thread regarding what I should do since my Apple store was sold out of MBPs and was wondering if I should just order off of Amazon.

Ends up I ordered Amazon and opted for 1 night shipping...but about 5:00 I figured "what the heck...I'll call the Apple Store again" and wouldn't ya know it...they got a shipment this afternoon of MBPs and were more than happy to hold on for me!!!

So now here I am, a PC user for the past 9 years, switching over to Mac for the first time in my life...and so far I am having a blast!

I am currently reinstalling OSX since I don't want Garageband or the Language packs (get some of the space back).

Along with it I bought Applecare, Ipod Nano (since it was free), a wireless mighty mouse, a Incase sleeve/bag, and an external HD enclosure.

I must say thanks to everyone on this forum because they have been extreamly helpful in this switch and probably wouldn't of done it without them. Well...I am off to play around on it some more (and cancel my Amazon order :D)

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Congratulations on your MBP purchase.

I am sure you will enjoy using it. :)

3. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

Welcome

Welcome to the forum and to the Mac-life.... enjoy...

4. PDE macrumors 68020

Cool. Congratulations and enjoy! Don't forget to cancel the amazon order quickly because the they tend to process everything very fast and once processed you can't cancel.

Have fun with your mac! It's a great machine.

5. FuzzMunky macrumors regular

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

I hope you love your switching as much as I did mine (2+ years and still having a great time!!!!!).

If you have any ?'s, we'll be here to help. :)

7. Sdao macrumors 6502

Congratulations :)

Switching is a great feeling. I've been a mac user for a long time now... 2 weeks! I'm having more fun on my MBP than I ever had using a PC laptop. Welcome to the forums and enjoy your new purchase.

8. gsjr57 macrumors newbie

Switcher

:)Glad to hear such safisfactory reports on all the switchers to Apple. I'm about to take the same path. Just returned my new 9 days old Toshiba with VISTAcrap... Excuse me..... I'm just a little confused about running out to buy a new mac at this time. I was advised by one of the mac sales people "if I were you" I would wait til Oct and take advantage of the new OS (Leopard) Anyone out there with any thoughts on that advice. I don't mind waiting a few months if it would be beneficial.
    Help................

9. Matto1020 thread starter macrumors member

Matto1020

I debated it but figured once October hits...Ill just pony up the $69 to upgrade...a fair price to enjoy my MBP for 2 months beforehand!