Another transfering question (playlist from PC to PC)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Darold, May 11, 2007.

1. Darold macrumors newbie

I was able to load all my songs from the PC to the mac by just plugging the mac into the externam drive. How do I move my playlists over too?

Is there a way to keep the two computers synced? Also, what happens if I plug my iPod into the mac now? Will it transfer my song ratings, or be a disaster?

As usual, thanks in advance for your time. All your other suggestions have been spot on.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Erm, mate, have you read this guide? Use this technique and your iPod will sync with the Mac properly. If it's still formatted for PC though, it won't allow you to update its firmware from the Mac.

3. Darold thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link. I got lazy and did not search otherwise I am sure I would have found it.

Unfortunately I am getting lost on step 6. Senuit is finding some of my playlist, but not all of them. Most specifically my most listened to playlist "workout"

Any clues on why it is skipping this one?

Thanks again for the link

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So let me get this straight. The playlist is on your iPod, but Senuti can't see it, or can't copy it across?

5. Darold thread starter macrumors newbie

It looks like it can see and transfer my playlists, but not my SMART playlists.

Not sure why one would work and not the other.

Side note: My macbook is missing a page down button, what is the command for "pafe down" without going all the way to the bottom?

Again, thank you for your patience in helping me with my problems.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Depending on the app and what's selected, I use the SPACEBAR to jump down the page. It's been a while since I last used Senuti so I can't remember if it's normal or not to be unable to sync Smart Playlists. :eek: