Another trojan/virus basic ? my info safe?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by scooterguitar, Jan 3, 2010.

1. scooterguitar macrumors regular

I've read and read about the differences, etc. I know there are no viruses and no trojans unless I accept a download. I
    m not too familiar with keyloggers, but my basic ?'s are...
    Once I fully switch to mac at home, is there any malware/keylogger/trojan in the wild that I might need to wrry about for safety as I use paypal and ebay frequently? I have no qualms installing/buying sofwtare to protect me, but alos don't want those programs to make me more problems from slowing down system etc.

Basically, what do I have to do to protect my CC# info, paypal info, and so forth when using a new mac?
    Thanks and sorry for the redundancy:eek:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you search the forum, you'll find all the answers to your questions about viruses, malware, keyloggers, etc. These topics are literally beat to death on this forum, so you'll find hundreds of posts that answer every question you could have. See my signature for how to search.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

There are no viruses but trojans and other kind of malware for Mac OS X.

But not in the dozens.

And you can download as many as you want, but you have to manually install them, for which you have to enter your password (if you set up your account with one), so no harm can be done, unless you install anything from somewhere you don't know and can vouch for.