Another untethered 3GS 3.1.2 Thread

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by irthy, Dec 15, 2009.

1. irthy macrumors member

Seems to be the most common question asked around here. I understand that the new factory 3G2 iphones that had 3.1.2 installed on it also had new iBoot hardware that is making it an issue to get a full hack on this phone:mad:. Not that running Blackra1n is a huge pain but would be nice to have a full hack on this. Not sure but it seems some people do. I don't know if it's because they have the old iBoot on their 3GS 3.1.2 phones or there is another step or patch floating around out there that can fix this issue. Does anyone have any updates on this. Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No update or a hack for this problem yet. Hope in the near future cause we can bet the next iPhone might have something similar or even worst.

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Nobody has an untethered phone with iBoot 359.3.2. There really is nothing more to say about this that I haven't already said in my FAQ thread.

4. irthy thread starter macrumors member

I was afraid of that. What's the developer of BlackRa1n?? Geohot? So he's some freshman in college. Crazy! Is he just busy with finals and The college life to take the hack to the next step or is it really that complex on the new iBoot. It would be cool if someone could get his explanation or some kind of update on the matter. Even if he said It will never happen on the new iBoot it would still be an answer.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Probably many others are working on it besides geohot but I haven't heard anything about it.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Geohot seems to think he could do it, and there's never been any reason to doubt his abilities. But Geohot works only at his own whim, and he's working on other projects right now (trying to build a cheap way to crack SHA, I think). and people complaining about the tethered jailbreak have really pissed him off by being demanding and rude.

7. irthy thread starter macrumors member

i guess :rolleyes: People are just curious. And i think there is alot of confusion about the tethered and untethered iphones. Your FAQ should help but people obviously aren't easily finding it. That's great that he thinks he can do it. That was the first time i heard that.

8. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

Because they are idiots

its called search forums for everyone who is STILL confused (idiots)

He might be able to, but he isn't doing it.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

No, people are acting like entitled little brats. Perhaps you haven't been following the things people have been saying about him...

Precisely. I wouldn't expect him to do anything until the next version is released in June and he has a personal need for it. Whether he's angry enough at the ingrates to withhold it from the public is another question.

10. theNEOone macrumors 6502

Seems like he should build it, then charge for it. That's what I would do. Shoot, I probably would have done that from the beginning...

Lucky for me, I've got the earlier iBoot. :p

=|

11. irthy thread starter macrumors member

12. globalist macrumors 6502a

Wait, but Blackra1n is for Windows, what about doing the untethered JB on a Mac? Not possible either with the new 3GS phones?

13. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It originally came out for Windows only, but now there is a blackra1n for Mac, too.

14. Pixellated macrumors 65816

If you looked before he did the 3.1.2 jailbreak (that unlocked the 3.1.2 3G baseband) people were saying stuff like to hurry up and why is he taking so long. It is free so I don't see why people complain.

Liking your name BTW :D