Another update? That's 4!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 8CoreWhore, May 16, 2009.

1. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

I've now received 4 updates in 5 days. They DL and then it tells me it needs to install and restart. But it doesn't say what the update is. Obviously, one of them was 10.5.7 but what were the other three? I'm on a late 2006 MBP C2D 2.16 ATI Is there a log in the OS somewhere??

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

System Prefs->Software Update->Installed Updates.

3. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

??

Ok... checked the log... it only listed 10.5.7 for this month. Before that was the voiceover kit for iTunes and new Shuffle. Weird. I clicked "check now" and it offered Safara beta 4 which I then DL'd. (so now that's 5 updates)The only Apple pro app I have installed right now is Sound Track Pro which hasn't been updated in a while. The log shows 10.5.7 as being installed on 5/13 (wed). Any ideas what it could be? Does Apple do security updates and not indicate them?

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

No. Everything should be listed. Maybe it made multiple attempts to update that were unsuccessful.

5. 8CoreWhore thread starter macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

I hope so... thanks.... um, but I'm not delivering any newspapers to your house. :D

6. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

This is exactly why I don't like to download the updates automatically. I like to know what I'm downloading/updating before the download begins. I usually install the available update, but I like to be in control. Also, with major updates like 10.5.7 it gives an opportunity to research any issues others are having with the update before applying it on your system(s).