Another upgrade question, please don't slam me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macman756, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

Yes I read the FAQs and the one people are putting into their sigs. My question is, I want to use my Mom's upgrade, who is eligible for the $199/299 pricing, and has a cheapo RAZR with no data, and buy a 4 for me to upgrade my 3GS. I want to go to the Apple Store, ATT said there shouldn't be a problem, they'll just activate the Microsim to my number instead of hers, no big deal. So first question, is all this correct? I can just go to Apple with her and get this upgraded? Second one, when the preorders start, I remember for the 3GS you like select your plan and check upgrade blah blah. Which line do I preorder for? Her's or mine? Thanks

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Yes, and if you plan to to use her line for the upgrade, then of course that is the line you will pre-order on.

3. Macman756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macman756

OK, but if I select her line it will ask me to add a data plan, what about that? Just pick the $15 one and the never have it set?

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

If it forces you to add a data plan, add one. After you swap SIMs, remove it.

5. Macman756 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macman756

OK, but I can't switch sims, being micro and regular, so just go to ATT and have them switch the numbers?

I'm not sure if preordering on that line is the way to go though. Seems it will convert to an iPhone line...