Another Upgrade Question...(Quick One)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Spongey817, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Spongey817 macrumors regular

Alright so here's the situation:

I'll be buying an iPhone on Friday as an existing At&t customer. I'd like to go to the Apple store, buy the phone, add the data plan, and be on my way. However, I am on a family plan. And the other phones in my plan are also eligible for an upgrade.

Thus, it looks like I'll have to go to an At&t store to pick up the other phones, right? My question is: Can I upgrade myself to the iPhone now, sign the additionally two year contract, add the data plan...then upgrade the OTHER phones at a later time?

2. mautal macrumors member

I'm in a similar situation... I think if you give up the whole "i'll sign a 2 year contract" you lose your bargaining chips... the phones they will offer you to upgrade later probably wont be as nice or wont be as free... I'm calling AT&T too see if this is an option, but upgrade everyone else's phone first and renew the two year deal... just dont get a new phone for yourself... This way your family has new phones and you are still upgrade eligible since you didnt upgrade your phone... then buy one for yourself and add the $30 data...

I'll let you know when I get an answer

3. Spongey817 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. And to clarify, this is what I plan to do...Upgrade to a new 2 year deal, have them upgrade their phones while keeping my current one. I assume I'll still be eligible at this time. From here, I'll add the data plan and get the iPhone.