Another upgrade question, sorry.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tee Hee, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Tee Hee macrumors member

OK so my situation is this. I got the 3GS in 09. I'm on a family plan with my dad and bro. My dad has the main line. I am the only person who uses a smartphone. They use flip phones(Razr). My 2 questions are

Can I use one of them as an upgrade even though they have flip phones, and never have bought an iPhone?
    And if I can will buying the iPhone 4 through them result in another monthly data fee being added to the acount?

2. elephunkman macrumors 65816

These questions can be answered in the guide in my sig

3. Tee Hee thread starter macrumors member

What I want to know is can I upgrade through them or do I HAVE to find somebody with an iPhone who's contract is up? And if I am able to upgrade through my dad or bro does another iPhone data fee get tacked on the monthly bill?

4. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Give your cellphone company a call. They will let you know.

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yes, you can use any line that is eligible for an upgrade.

Only the line that has the active iPhone will need a data plan.

6. spurbs macrumors member

Can you call AT&T to switch phones between lines, or do you have to go to the store?

7. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Actually, all you have to do is trade SIMs. You only need to call AT&T if you need to add/remove features such as the data plan.

You also might need to call/stop by a store if you need another micro-sim. Activate it on the right line the first time and that won't be necessary though.