Another US/UK ATV Question

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by robsandbach, Dec 2, 2010.

1. robsandbach macrumors newbie

Thanks in advanced to anyone willing to shed some light on this for me!

Situation:

2 x itunes application instances (mac and PC) authorized to play UK account itunes content & homeshared with each other through UK account

1 x Apple TV bought in US.

I've set up a US itunes account to use with ATV to access cheaper/wider selection of tv rentals.

1. Will I be able to plug the itunes store on ATV into US and also access my UK homeshare machines?

2. I believe that netflix will not work as they use IP to detect location? Can someone confirm this?

Thanks for any help!

Rob

2. pilot25dmc macrumors member

If you buy an American :apple:TV and use it in the UK then it will work without a problem, all you do is change the store location to United Kingdom.

I have both a US account and a UK account, I have 3 :apple:TV's, 2 new, 1 old.

I keep all the :apple:TV's on the US Store and my iMac goes between the US and UK Store's, I mostly buy TV Shows and Movies on the US store and Music on the UK store.

I have not tried Netflix but I 'think' you have to have an account to use it and it requires an American credit card and address, it is totally separate from the iTunes credit.

For Home-Sharing to work the 'host' computer (in my case the iMac) has to be on the same account as the other Home-Sharing Devices so I tend to keep the iMac on the US account when I am not buying Music.