Another Vaporware Tablet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by darwen, Mar 22, 2010.

1. darwen macrumors 6502a

darwen

2. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ouch, looks too busy!

I'd been hoping Apple would implement some kind of widget function for the iPhone/iPad, but seeing how bad it can look if implemented badly, I now think Apple should really take its time to get it right.

4. Spudracer macrumors 6502

5. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

6. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

7. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

Here we go. Now every tablet from now on will be called an "iPad Killer".

8. CPD_1 macrumors 6502

9. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I noticed that, too. So many fakes so few real alternatives. Even the M$ courier is nothin' but somebody's wish. Meanwhile if I want to, I'm about 12 days away from getting my hands on an iPad. I've got a $499 one reserved. I just have to decide whether to head down there and dive into the Apple store frenzy before the 3pm deadline for the thing to be sold out from under me. I decided to simply go for the reservation because if I really decide I want one, I have some control over what time of day it arrives versus being stuck at home waiting for a mandatory signature delivery that could come at any time.

I must admit I was getting interested in the tablet until I noticed the glaring omission of pricing and availability and the blatant pun based company name. Oops. It would appear the company has a real looking (German) web site, neofonie.de and a somewhat real-looking wepad announcement site.

10. vini-vidi-vici macrumors 6502

Boy they really need to fix that name to something that works phonetically in English.

it's funny how we've seen dozens of "iPad killers"... as if the iPad needs killing.

11. sonicboom macrumors regular

Gotta love it. Vaporware.

Good luck bringing that to market.

I hope they have more than widgets on the roadmap :)

12. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

And the iPad is trying to be a windows tablet killer, seeing as they've been around for 10 years. Apple might succeed, too!

Android is the competition to watch out for. Apple knows it, thus their angst via Google. All android apps are designed for Touch. There are 30,000+ apps in the Android market. Many are written by the same developers of an identical iPhone app.