Another VMware Problem...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by BrownPlopz, Apr 24, 2008.

1. BrownPlopz macrumors regular

Wow.... Again.... I am really having a bad experience with VMware. It started off with some activation problems, and now, since I've recently increased the size of my Boot Camp Partition, using WinClone, and destructively increasing the the size, my VMware gives me this message whenever I try to use it, with my BC partition:,
    "Cannot open the disk '/Users/myname/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Virtual Machines/Boot Camp/%2Fdev%2Fdisk0/Boot Camp partition.vmwarevm/Boot Camp partition.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on."
    So... What exactly do I do now? I've tried Uninstalling and ReInstalling VMware, but that didn't do anything. I've searched through the 'Help' section, but that didn't 'Help'... Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to fix this? BTW, I am also getting this message underneath:,
    "Reason: The partition table on the physical disk has changed since the disk was created. Remove the physical disk from the virtual machine, then add it again."
    Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

Somewhere under ~/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion there'll be a Boot Camp directory. Delete it. Then run Fusion again, and it will re-detect the BootCamp partition. Hopefully, that will sort it....

Edit: Doh, I should read more slowly. The directory you need to remove is:

/Users/myname/Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion/Virtual Machines/Boot Camp/%2Fdev%2Fdisk0/Boot Camp partition.vmwarevm

3. BrownPlopz thread starter macrumors regular

Thank You SOOO MUCH!!! It worked, and now I'm back in business. Once again, thanks. :D

4. OdduWon macrumors 6502a

OdduWon

This also fixed my problem. had fusion trial, erased+reinstalled hard drive+TM recovered personal settings. did fresh install on mac partition, I left my xp bootcamp alone. I guess the trial version connected my virtual machine to the image i erased. it must have detected the new arrangement and solved the problem.

Thanks IscariotJ