Another Wake From Sleep bug? (rMBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kgs, Sep 28, 2012.

1. kgs macrumors regular

Alright, I wonder if anyone else is having this same issue.

I'm getting this strange behavior that doesn't quite match other user's with the wake from sleep bug.

Basically I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of the rMBP fans going at a decent clip, not maxed but definitely doing some work. The case is definitely warm.

The laptop lid is closed and the only things that I think that are relevant are:

* PowerNap is off (i thought it might be PowerNap, nope)
    * Lid is closed
    * 23" cinema display plugged in via a Thunderbolt(MDP->DVI) adapter
    * Logitech wireless mouse dongle

It has happened about 3 times now and is starting to concern me. When I flip the lid open the screen stays black and I get no sounds from the keys. Only way to recover is to hard reboot by holding the power button.

Other than this issue, everything is working great (mostly graphical glitches, otherwise).

I'm going to try unplugging the cinema display and mouse to see if the issue happens again, but was curious if anyone else was experiencing similar issues.

2. stuaz macrumors 6502

I have had this issue when having an external monitor connected via HDMI. I tend not to leave it connected now when I shut the lid - not a major pain for me as I only use the external screen to play games on as they don't really benefit from the Retina. (Yet).

3. kgs thread starter macrumors regular

Good to hear that it isn't just me, that means it may be firmware related rather than hardware related. I'll be unplugging the monitor as well to see if that helps :)

Thanks for reply!