Another Water damage question?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hardcoredan52, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Hardcoredan52 macrumors regular

So Last night some friends of mine and my wife and I were out eating and having some drinks. When the time comes to pick a movie to see.. Well we narrow it down to two movies.. So what perfect time to flip a coin for it. Well my wife grabs my iphone and is going to Flip the phone and it slips out of her hand right down into a glass of water. When she tries to pull it out she pushes the phone all the way down into a full glass of water.. Its in there for like 5-10 seconds. Well I turn the phone off and leave it off .. I put it in rice when I get home.... Well today the iphone takes like 10 minutes to turn on. The alert " This accessory isn't supported my this device." keeps coming on and the home button doesn't work and some small other stuff. Anyway I assume the phone is gone. I was wondering how much a new 3G iphone would cost? I tried searching but with no luck of someone selling what happened when they had to buy another one. Oh and by the way I'm in the states... Anyway thanks for your time and effort.... Dan

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A new phone will run you the full unsubsidized price. You may be able to talk an AT&T rep into giving you the subsidized price, but chances are you won't have any joy. I would also try ebay and such.

And sorry dude but really? In order to pick a movie you have to flip a coin, this is understandable. But to use some stupid application ...

3. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Why is it the full unsubsidized price? For cracked glass, they only make you pay the subsidized price. Why would this be different for water damage?

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Apple can fix cracked glass. It takes a lot more time and money to find out what was water damaged and what needs to be repaired. It's a invariable price to fix glass, the price to repair water damage is highly variable.

David

5. Hardcoredan52 thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone know the actual price that they want for another iphone?

6. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

actual un subsidized price with tax for my 8gb 3G was 431 dollars and some odd cents. 16 is obviously going to be a hundred mor plus some tax.

7. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

I'll take the water damaged one off of your hands though, if you're willing to let it go on the cheap.

8. Hardcoredan52 thread starter macrumors regular

How cheap?

9. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

If it doesnt come on at all, under 50.

10. Hardcoredan52 thread starter macrumors regular

it comes on but its on the connect to itunes screen..

11. Brett3rThanU macrumors regular

Talk with Apple, they're more likely to give you the subsidized price. We got a replacement from Apple where as AT&T refused to sell it any less than the full price.