Another water damaged MBP thread... BEST BUY SERVICE PLAN

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stirred, Jun 24, 2013.

1. stirred macrumors newbie

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything similar... here goes: I just received my macbook pro back form Best Buys Geek squad. My unit suffered a drop into water, so there was some physical damage and internal water damage.

I received the unit today while at work so I don't have a charger to confirm if it will power on. The notes provided says it passed all tests. My question is this:

If they replaced the top case, logic board, track pad and LCD assembly, should I be concerned that the other components may fail (battery/hdd/RAM/etc)?

I have the product replacement plan; however, they opted to "fix" it.

2. rlantagne21 macrumors member

Best Buy does not offer replacement plans on laptops, they're service plans, meaning they will service them if possible.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

They don't offer "replacement" plans, but should they be unable to fix it, they will cut you a check for the original purchase price of the computer.

4. sleemo macrumors newbie

I had the same replacements done on mine.

Did you have any problems with your laptop over past few months? I'm concerned that they should have just replaced it outright, rather than fix so many individual items.