Another...What are the chances post

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macnewb401, Feb 18, 2011.

  1. Macnewb401 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    #1
    First time post but long time lurker guy. Any who
    There has been a ton of rumors for a redesign coming. And I read a lot of post saying apple will probably update them later in October or so. (which makes sense)

    HOWEVER, isn't it true that the iMacs may receive an update as well? As in a redesign? If so, what are the chances they they will BOTH be redesigned later into the year.

    I guess all we can do is wait and hope the Macbook Pro updates come first! THURSDAY COME ON!!! I GOT THE MONEY!
     
  2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    #2
    I am not sure I understand 100%.

    I am one of the people who thinks that apple will update MBP by end of this month and update one more time for the holidays.

    I don't really expect any MBP redesign with this update. Apple will put sandy Bridge processor, yes. But, beyond that... I don't see what else they will put it in. SSD is still too expensive and MBP users need more than 256GB SSD. 512 SSD prices are so high.

    iMac will get an update around summer. iMac received major redesign just a little more than a year ago. Current design is not anywhere outdated. They won't redesign iMac.

    MBP is very different story. It should be redesigned. It has been around for years like 2 years and 5 months. It's due for major redesign sometime this year. Apple always update something in october. They have in past 3 years. If it continues, I expect MBP to be update with brand new unibody design by end of this year.
     
  3. Macnewb401 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2008
    #3
    Ahhh, that makes sense. I guess I just misread a lot about redesigned imacs. Thanks for clearing that up.
    I intend to buy a Macbook Pro regardless of what they do to the Macbooks coming Thursday. If they do a redesign sweet. If not, I will probably just save some cash and get a refurb model.
     
  4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 13, 2010
    #4
    What I said was just a speculation based on what happened in the past.
    If the update suits you, then by all means, go for it. Buying refurbished model is very smart decision. It will take about 1-2 months before they pop up at the apple store. Also, Mac OS lion is coming soon. And god knows how much apple will charge for that update.
     
  5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

    Fubar1977

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2010
    Location:
    North Yorkshire, UK
    #5
    I can`t see any major updates in terms of the casing or appearence on the iMac, I suspect the same on the MBP, updates will more likely be internal.
    Sounds like we`ll only have to wait a week or so to see, on the MBP at least.
     

Share This Page