another what iMac should I get thread

Discussion in 'iMac' started by memo90061, Aug 20, 2008.

1. memo90061 macrumors 6502

I've been reading this forum for a while now. I love reading about people and their new iMacs. I've been thinking about an iMac for more than a year already. It will be my first mac so I'm excited. :D I will use the computer for web browsing, listen to music, edit pictures on photoshop, web design and probably some small movie editing. The only games I play are The Sims. I'm hoping the iMac I get will be able to run The Sims 3 when it comes out. What iMac should I get for the things I'm going to use it for?

I'm thinking about a refurbished 24 inch iMac 2.4GHz
    or
    refurbished 24 inch iMac 2.8GHz

I would get the refurbished 24 inch iMac 2.8GHz but I don't really have a lot of money for it. I would get it if I really need it for the stuff I want to do on the iMac.

what do you guys recommend?

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Aside from Sims 3 since it isn't out yet, my brother does all above on a 2.0 GHz MacBook. The 2.4 GHz iMac will be fine.

3. NiroNavro macrumors regular

I'll be getting the refurbished 24" 2.4GHz this Friday! I recommend you getting as much as you can for as much as you can afford. That's what I'm doing. I can't afford the refurbished 2.8GHz so I'm getting the next best thing. I really want the extra screen space that the 24" has, otherwise for the same price I could get the 2.66GHz 20" model...which would be faster. If you can't afford the 2.8GHz then go with the 2.4GHz. It's still a great machine and should be cable of doing everything that you need it to. If you don't need the 24" screen then I would recommend you go with the 20" 2.66GHz.

4. Soxy macrumors member

If you really wanna play The Sims 3 comfortably in a high resolution (24" iMacs have super high res) then you're gonna need a 3ghz 8800 model >.<

5. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

i guess 2.4GHz would be good! :D my PC is only 1.8GHz.

I would want the high end iMac but thats too much for me right now.

NiroNavro congrats!! :D I can't wait to get one. I'll probably get an iMac in like 2 or 3 weeks.

6. NiroNavro macrumors regular

Thanks! I'm stoked to finally be getting an iMac! I might actually, if I have enough money this Friday, get the 2.8GHz version. But I could use the extra money I would spend on that, on an Elgato eyeTV instead. Decisions decisions. I suppose I could get the faster iMac and then get the eyeTV later. That's probably a better choice on my part, since I can basically only get this iMac once but I can get an eyeTV anytime. Yeah, I'll do that. Like my crazy thought process? Sorry about that! Hehe!:D I'm just really excited to be getting my iMac!!!

7. memo90061 thread starter macrumors 6502

that sounds good. :D i also want the elgato eyeTV!

8. Trouble1 macrumors member

Don't hold back

Get the 2.8, don't look back, you'll love it.

Best computer I've owned and it can do some of the greatest stuff.