another what should I buy, or should I wait, thread

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by vzippa5, Jul 10, 2011.

  1. vzippa5 macrumors newbie

    Sep 5, 2009
    I'm a photographer still limping along with a macbook, business is booming and I need to upgrade to a mac pro. My budget is about 1000—2500 tops.

    I'm thinking of buying one of the 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon MP's from apple, this one caught my eye...

    however, there are quite a few mac pro boxes from before 2009 on my local craigslist for about a grand. I'm almost considering this option, but I heard that the post-2009 machines are quite a bit faster and worth paying more for. Also, the rumors of a new MP being right around the corner, although I don't think I'd buy it new because I almost always save a bit with refurbs.

    what do you guys think? should I:
    buy... a refurb from apple for about 2100
    wait... for how long?
    or buy an older machine from craigslist for about $1000?
  2. 184550 Guest

    May 8, 2008
  3. ActionableMango macrumors G3


    Sep 21, 2010
    With a budget of 2500 I'd either get the refurb or limp along until the new model comes out later this year or early next.

Share This Page