Another which MBP to buy ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fosterpants, May 12, 2010.

1. fosterpants macrumors newbie

Ok so I see quite a few of these while searching but I have to ask anyway. I'm in the market for a new MBP and can't decide which model to get. This will be my first Mac. I will primarily be using it for pleasure, not trying to meet any deadlines on projects. The most horsepower I need will be editing GoPro HD footage. I ride and race motorcycles and like to put together videos from the adventure but the 1080p HD seems to require some muscle.

I initially was leaning toward the 13" because of portability but wasn't sure if I would notice a difference between the 2.4 or the 2.66 gpu. But then reading on here I got worried about taxing the system with video editing so I might need the 15 with the i5?

Bottom line, what's the cheapest I can get away with and still have sufficient power to edit efficiently?

2. neversaynever macrumors member

neversaynever

your best bet is 2.4 i5 15. if you are going to edit hd footage, you'll need every ounce of power i5 has compared to core2duo.

3. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Disagreed. I can video edit on my schools eMachines PC desktops with a Pentium III Processor. The 13" will be fine but if you want more power and MUCH less battery go with the 15"