Another WindowsXP Printer sharing problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by andytof47, Aug 29, 2007.

1. andytof47 macrumors newbie

Hi There, I'm new to the forums and a little new to some of the things i'm trying to accomplish with my mac and windows.

I'm using a HP PSC 1350 all in one and basically I've spent most of today trying to get this thing up and running ---- that is to say it runs fine under windows but I want access to it via the network --- for my Mac 10.4(BTW)

Anyways I can see My PC on the network, I can send information to and fro

And when I set up the printer either via ip or through windows printing the Job gets sent to the printer and shows some data but in reality when I check the properties of the job that I have sent it shows 0 bytes
    and the data type RAW

I don't know if this is a problem.......

Anyway I have since tried Bonjour but even then I had more success with sending jobs tot he printer the other way

is there a step by step ???? apart from this particular thread
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=130238

Please Please Please help me --

Thanks

2. andytof47 thread starter macrumors newbie

Command Line file Search utility

OK, I seem to be lucking it a little with the information I have found, But I need to try something a little different

I wanted to find driver files from the command line but the whereis command in Mac is different than that on my linux box,

At least can someone help me with that ----- i would use sherlock or whatever the GUI util is but It doesn't search hidden files????? or system folder???

I don't know how to change this either so if any one can help with either of these problems I would greatly appreciate it

Many thanks