Well yes this is another one of those threads (Sorry). My problem is more a question of replacement then one of getting either a laptop for the first time or really needing a new laptop. My big predicament is that right now I have an ASUS F3SV which has an 8600M GS in it (Which is one of those wonderful NVIDIA video cards that we are all being told is defective). Luckily my laptop has not shown any signs of death (yet) and it still runs fine. I am covered by a 2 year warranty but that will run out somewhere near the end of this summer. I don't want this thing to decide to fail out on me after summer and part of the way through my year but I guess if that does happen I will simply bite the bullet and just spring for a new laptop. My question though is if it would be worth it to just go for a MBP here and now and not sit on a time bomb. As a user I would say I am a relatively average college student, I want the computer to play games (Although I do have a Gaming desktop rig so I don't feel the need to have a laptop that can play things at full specs but I do want to be able to play modern games), be productive in class (Have a decent battery life, With my screen on minimum brightness and processor clocked way down on my current laptop I get 1.5 hours max), I do some amateur photography and after struggling with the Lightroom 2 Demo and an excessive amount of desk head-banging I am wondering if using Aperture would make my life a tad bit easier. I also want a laptop that can take a little bit of jostling around. Nothing crazy but my current laptop's hinge is cracking due to pressure it received in my backpack The biggest thing that gets me about the MBP that has held me back has been people saying that it really isn't built for gaming (I would of course install Windows on it under boot camp for gaming). But then again I don't know if these are people saying this when they expect a laptop to be able to run games on full settings or not. I don't really need that and regardless the 9600M GT will be an upgrade over a 8600M GS. The thing is I am unsure if I should hold out on getting a MBP until the next update and hope my video card doesn't bite the dust in the hope that the video cards on the next MBPs are upgraded. I know this seems overall just a little odd and lengthy of a question but it really boils down to: I have a working laptop, it's almost out of warranty, it could die soon or maybe in the distant future, My next laptop will DEFINATELY be a MBP but should I just get that now or should I wait on the next update in the hopes of a better video card? Thanks for any insight anyone can offer me.