Another yellow screen

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RobNor, Mar 16, 2012.

1. RobNor macrumors 6502

Bit disappointed that I've got a yellow screen doesn't look as vibrant as the iPad 2

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

3. ArztMac macrumors regular

ArztMac

4. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Give it a few days/couple of weeks and that yellow will disappear as the glue dries.

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yeah, but the OP forgot to call it YellowGate, or some other fantastically creative name that denotes a scandal!

6. RobNor thread starter macrumors 6502

It is more yellow (warm) that my ipad 2 but nowhere near as yellow as my ipad 1 was.

Panel is evenly lit no dark patches/areas,no dead pixels,absolutely no back light bleed

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

My understanding is that most of the initial batch of iPads were built in January and have been sitting around since -- whatever glue was there should be dry by now.

8. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

If by that you mean a wave of people complaining bitterly about products that are either a) just a warmer temperature than they'd prefer or b) are genuinely faulty (as is to be expected with such a large product rollout) and could be easily fixed by going to an Apple store or calling customer support... yes, yes it does. :mad:

While we're on the subject, did this REALLY need a thread all to itself when this already exists: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1341622

Sorry to be so grumpy but I'm constantly amazed at the standards people seem to expect from Apple. Not everything will be perfect but don't grumble until and unless you have problems with their resolution process. THEN feel free to vent :D

9. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Perhaps it cures with the heat generated by the display (which haven't been left on since January)?

10. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

That's what I am thinking. (although I must admit, this "glue drying" thing surprises me. Just mildly surprised that such a phenomnon exists with this product)

Mike

11. Vastastheocean macrumors member

Pics or it didn't happen. (i've always wanted to say that)

12. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Yeah, seems odd but it has a track record of abating so I wouldn't get worried until about a week after starting to use it. Worst case, if I recall, Apple was accommodating in swapping out the ones that retained the yellowing.

13. Mo1959 macrumors member

Just got mine an hour or so again and absolutely no problems. Chuffed to bits with it.

14. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Mine is yellow tinted as well. It doesn't look as good and it lacks contrast. Most people it seems don't like the yellow tint and most would agree it doesn't look as good. Nobody has started a thread saying I got a blue tint. I think that tells you something.

Everybody saying it will go away... well, it didn't with the ip4s, so why should it with the new ipad?

On the plus side, I have minimal bleeding and no stuck pixels.

15. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Hey, I am agreeing with you!

No doubt no matter how perfEct it is they will complain!

There will be a large supply of iPad 3 refurbs by next week due to the returns!

16. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

Adidas Addict

Just opened my 32gb white and it's the whitest screen I've had on any iOS device.

17. Roman2K~ macrumors 6502a

Before reading this thread, and before it occured to me that there could even be a yellow tint, I noticed a very slight one on my 3rd gen iPad which arrived this morning:

[​IMG]

It covers the upper quarter of the display, more toward the left. To ensure that it wasn't an optical illusion, I turned the iPad upside down and the tint is then at the opposite (lower quarter, toward the right).

I'm not going to exchange it because the tint so shallow that I don't consider this a defect and I know a replacement may be worse. If it fades away on its own, good, otherwise it's no biggie (and I'm usually anal about these things!).

18. Jottle macrumors 6502

This glue curing business is bunk. The yellow "hue" of the screens is due to the fact that Samsung is making the new screens (at least that's the rumor). The samsung screens are warmer compared to the LG screens. Search around and you can see a comparison of lg vs. samsung ipad 2 screens.

19. xenosaga7 macrumors member

I have yellow screen problem as well. It is really evident when I compare with my ipad2 next to it.

Does apple allow to replace if you have yellow tint?

20. Tones2 macrumors 65816

Absolutely agree with you. Everyone "wants" cool blue. Some will "accept" yellow but few like it. Simple solution - DON'T MAKE FRIGGIN' YELLOW TINTED COLOR GAMUTS! Is it somehow more diffucult or more expensive to not do yellow hues?

Tony

21. Roman2K~ macrumors 6502a

After 4 days, the yellow tint is still there. It seems to have worsened. Mine is partial (see this post above) which is worse than a full (but evenly) yellow-tinted screen, IMO.

I called Apple today and they're sending me a replacement :cool:.

22. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

i wouldnt say "everyone" wants the cool blue..

my iphone4 and ipad2 are both cool and whites can apear bluish but blacks always look gray and washed

my ipad3 is pretty neutral not nearly as blue but i woudlnt say it's yellow either..but black looks like black not gray.

23. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

Because posting this in one of the scores of other threads on exactly the same subject was not good enough. Yours was so important you had to start another one.

24. bafonso macrumors member

You called them instead of going to a store? I got one at a store but the left side being more slightly darker/yellower kind of gets to me. I'm very sensitive to uneven lighting/color so it's kind of a bummer. my ipad 1 doesn't have this issue.

But i'm not keen on going through multiple ipads if they all suffer from left-side yellownitis ;-)

25. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Thanks for starting a whole new thread about it!