All iPads Another yellow tinted rMini and some questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AudiFan, Nov 14, 2013.

1. AudiFan macrumors newbie

Hi community,

Got my first iPad, a 32 gb retina Mini black wifi for my 30th birthday gift from the wifey. I noticed right away from the white setup screen that the lower 1/5th of the screen has a deep yellow tint. I read a poster suggest the screens haven't "broken in" and with some usage the tint would go away. Any luck so far with anyone that has had this problem?

My second question is for anybody that owns both the iPad Air and retina Mini: Is the Air's screen noticeably brighter and more colorful? I noticed compared to my iPhone 5s, the rMini's screen is not as bright and seems to lack some color. I also know the laminated display on the 5s has a part to play in this. But is the air's screen closer to the 5s in terms of brightness and rich color reproduction?

With that being said, I have to say I love the size of the Mini even though reading text on most websites in portrait mode requires some zooming, and I'm not too old either.

2. vince22 macrumors member

I have them both, retina mini have color gamut hardware limitation resulted in muted colors, just looks pale or washout, my iPad air 50% brightness equals 75% brightness with retina mini, more brightness more battery used, yellow tint issues is annoying with my retina mini, will exchange it this weekend and hopefully get lucky or wait next year maybe Samsung LCD......

3. OneBagTravel macrumors 6502

OneBagTravel

Isn't the yellow tint the same yellow tint that plagues all brand spanking new hardware that was manufactured only a week earlier?

It's the chemicals in the glue settling and will go away in a few days. This is what happens when Apple ships stuff straight from the manufacturing plant to customers in such a short turn around.

https://www.google.com/search?q=yellow+tint+apple+products